You may be asked to bay park, either at the beginning or at the end of your driving test. The exercise will be conducted in the driving test centre, and depending on the location, you may need to reverse left or right. Most likely, there won't be any other cars to reverse around. However, you should be comfortable with parking into a tight space. Practice parking between traffic cones!
This is a parking exercise. You will not be asked to do 2 parking exercises, so if you get this one, you won't have to parallel park.
There are a few different ways of doing this manoeuvre, but here's how I would do it.
- Start in the position shown
- Check everywhere. Car Parks are full of people not looking where they're going
- Keep it slow (zimmer frame speed)
- Adjust your mirrors if you need to, but use the rear window aswell
- If you don't get it in first time, don't worry. Fix it.
- The wall behind may be closer than it appears in the mirrors!
If you find reverse steering confusing, practice some zig-zag reversing. You'll soon grasp which way to steer.